Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Economic optimist



Well, it's been quite a while. Actually I should be drawn and quartered in the realm of blogging goes. Baaaaad blogger, you've piddled on the rug. Anyway, I read my last entry and it's kind of funny. Not the ridiculous unemployable aspect, the insane optimism part. I really thought that I'd be getting a job hook up. So much so that I was ready to spend money I did not have to make sure I had appropriate uniform materials so I'd be ready to go. I'm not sure if that shade of rose tint is inherently me or if it's just a necessary by product of the economic times. You have to keep some faith blind or measured that things are going to get better. If I didn't I might not even get out of bed.

It's okay though. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not suppose to be working for someone else. Unfortunately I can't seem to figure out how to get my own projects off the ground with zero capital. This does not mean that I will stop looking for work. It simply means I'm at least aware of the universe and it's bullhorn tactics. However more importantly, how do those people do it. You know the neo urban hippie types. They manage to get by on odd jobs, spit and duct tape. I've had my fair share of odd jobs. I'm not opposed to "vintage" clothing. I can work out an amazing brown paper bag lunch with the best of em (see sandwiches). But how do you do any of that flat broke. I mean dead busted, I checked the couch cushions last week, the coinstar's been payed a visit, my peanut butter says Peanut butter when you look for a list of ingredients kind of broke. What about that?

No comments: