Thursday, July 24, 2008

That's It!

Okay, normally I would reserve a blog for chipper and more upbeat conversation but I'm pissed. What the fuck is up with this whole job scene. I live in a major metropolitan area. I've been to school and I'm actually quite good at what I do. I'm not saying I'm the best in the world but I'm certainly not the bottom of the barrel. The really screwed up part is that I'm not even trying to hold out for the dream job in my field. I just want a source of income. Any source. Well, not any source. I have some scruples. Okay, maybe just one scruple and I may have lost it somewhere in the den but it's there.

I have been on so many mindless interviews, for craptacular jobs that I can't even keep up. That's not even counting the number of resumes and inquiries sent out. If I get one automatic response for every ten e-mails that's a good week.
As a general note for all employers out there. Entry level means you could pull a hobo off the street, clean em up, and put them to work. No years of experience required.

No comments: